Linear motion is the motion in 1 dimension (1-D) or the motion in a straight line.
- The distance traveled by an object is the total length that is traveled by that object.
- Distance is a scalar quantity.
- The SI unit of distance is m (metre).
- Displacement of an object from a point of reference, O is the shortest distance of the object from point O in a specific direction.
- Displacement is a vector quantity.
- The SI unit of displacement is m (metre).
Distance travelled = 200m
Displacement = 120 m, in the direction of Northeast